Wales are currently second in Group D with 14 points and Ireland third with 13 points. Both teams have two games left. The first set of fixtures are against the last and second to last teams in the group respectively. The final game will be against each other. This has the potential for an absolutely electric final game.
Wales, who are without Bale, have the tougher first game away in Georgia. Ireland host last-placed Moldova at home. Serbia currently top the group.
For Ireland, these two games are a must win. However, even if they were to beat Moldova and Wales, their points and goal difference might not be enough to see them into the playoffs - as only eight out of the nine second-placed teams will enter the playoffs.
England's group could realistically provide a runner-up with a lower total. If Ireland win both their games and Scotland don't beat Slovenia then Ireland can make the Playoffs.
Group H, where Greece and Bosnia-Herzegovina are competing for second spot behind Belgium could also provide a lower ranked runner-up.
Wales have not won without Bale since October 2013, something they have to remedy if they are to qualify. Serbia need only one win out of their final two fixtures and currently have 18 points, so it's unlikely Wales, who have 14 points, will leapfrog them. However, six points from their last two games should be enough to see them through to the playoffs.
The Bookies have Wales as firm favourites to beat Georgia:
- The best odds - at time of writing - can be found at Paddy Power and StanJames with odds of 1/1
- The best odds for a draw - which was their last result - can be found at Bet365 and BetVictor at 12/5
- BetVictor is offering the best odds for a Georgia win at 19/5
Perhaps unsurprisingly the bookies have Ireland as clear favourites at home to Moldova:
- The best odds you can find on an Ireland win is with SkyBet at 1/7
- Bet365 has the best odds for a draw at 10/1
- Your best odds for a surprise upset by Moldova is with Unibet and Betfair at 35/1
For the last game you can currently find the best odds for:
- A Welsh win at 1/1 with Unibet and Stan James
- A draw at 11/4 with Unibet and Betfair
- An Ireland win 14/5 with Betfair