30 Best Betting Sites Ranked and Reviewed
The best betting site is RhinoBet. With a large range of markets, an improved bet builder, and a top-notch app for iOS and Android, RhinoBet is considered the best betting site in the UK.
DISCLAIMER: These rankings are based on overall scores from all of our staff. Individual review entries by certain authors may score differently.
Rhino Bet 🥇
No new betting site has made a bigger impact on Bookies Bonuses over the last few months than Rhino Bet, and with good reason.
Why Rhino Bet is Ranked #1
- Seasonal specials around big events
- A memorable brand identity that resonates with users
- Excellent Best Odds Guaranteed terms for UK/Ireland
- One of the only new brands to be considered among the top horse racing betting sites
How Rhino Bet Can Improve Even More
- Increase the range of payment methods
- Improve the customer support
- Read the full Rhino Bet review
- Claim the Rhino Bet sign up offer
BetUK is very highly rated by everyone at Bookies Bonuses thanks to their rapid improvement in the last year.
Why BetUK is Ranked #2
- Comprehensive sportsbook which providers Kambi are constantly upgrading
- Built with a mobile-first approach
- Generous welcome offer with only a small deposit needed
- Fantastic bet builder function & new 'pre-packs' section for 2023 football
How BetUK Can Get to #1
- Add more payment methods
- Add more promotions
- Read the full BetUK Review
- Claim the BetUK sign up offer
Having already been a hit elsewhere, Parimatch launched in the UK in 2020 in collaboration with BetVictor.
Why Parimatch is Ranked #3
- Committed to providing a quality Esports offering
- Punters often have a choice of welcome bonuses
- Very modern feel to the site and app
- Excellent boosts, both in-play and pre-match
How Parimatch Can Get to #1
- Differentiate itself from BetVictor more
- Expand on live streaming
- Read the full Parimatch review
- Claim the Parimatch sign up offer
Kwiff's unique supercharged odds feature makes it a popular betting site among UK punters, but it's not the finished product yet.
Why Kwiff is Ranked #4
- Supercharged odds provide excitement and value
- Now has a desktop site after previously being mobile-only
- Good for building football accas
- Live chat support within the app
How Kwiff Can Get to #1
- More frequent kwiffed bets
- Implement a bet builder
- Read the full Kwiff review
- Claim the Kwiff sign up offer
Bet365 is, as you have probably heard Ray Winstone say, the world's favourite online betting brand. While it's not quite our number one, it's not far off.
Why Bet365 is Ranked #5
- Innovators in the promotions department
- Smoothest live betting experience
- Best overall variety of markets
- Games like the Bet365 6 Scores Challenge (pictured)
How Bet365 Can Reach the Top 3
- Make it more aesthetically pleasing
- Allow Neteller/Skrill deposits
- Read the full Bet365 review
- Claim the Bet365 sign up offer
Betway continues to flourish in the UK market and remains among the very best as far as the staff at BookiesBonuses.com are concerned.
Why Betway is Ranked #6
- Always excellent existing customer offers such as the Free Bet Club
- Lots of football betting options with #BetYourWay
- Betway Boosts for the Premier League
- Superb horse racing coverage
How Betway Can Reach the Top 3
- Add Asian handicap markets
- Offer a better welcome bonus
- Read the full Betway review
- Claim the Betway sign up offer
Betfred have been around seemingly forever, and while the site is still a little old-fashioned, they are doing their best to stay on top of modern trends and user preferences.
Why Betfred is Ranked #7
- The very best welcome offer on the market
- Many football and racing promos
- Good live streaming catalogue
- Streamlined customer support operation
How Betfred Can Reach the Top 5
- Improve bet builder options
- Give the site and app a bit of a makeover
- Read the full Betfred review
- Claim the Betfred sign up offer
LiveScore has been a big name in the - you guessed it - live scores business for quite some time and they entered the betting industry in 2020.
Why LiveScore Bet is Ranked #8
- Free and fun LiveScore Bet Squads game
- Very good acca promotions
- Niche sports are well-catered for
- One of the best betting apps
How LiveScore Bet Can Reach the Top 5
- Add more deposit methods
- More bet boosts
- Read the full LiveScore Bet review
- Claim the LiveScore Bet sign up offer
BetVictor was founded all the way back in 1946 but the progression they have made with their product is phenomenal. You would be forgiven for thinking it was one of the newer betting sites on the market.
Why BetVictor is Ranked #9
- Seamless functionality on desktop and mobile
- Generous bet boosts all the time
- Always great welcome offers
- Quality horse racing section
How BetVictor Can Reach the Top 5
- Speed up the verification process
- Improve telephone support
- Read the full BetVictor review
- Claim the BetVictor sign up offer
Highbet is doing their best to provide a great experience for UK players with a decent horse racing offering and plenty of smaller sports.
Why Highbet is Ranked #10
- Despite the lack of an app, the mobile experience is ok
- Bet builder has good options and is easy to use
- Asian handicap markets are on offer
- Price history is shown for UK horse racing
How Highbet Can Reach the Top 5
- Prevent live odds from getting suspended too often
- Make the sidebar navigation more optimal
- Read the full Highbet review
- Claim the Highbet sign-up offer
In 2019, a betting site became the latest project to be given the Virgin branding, and in terms of quality, it has been a huge success.
Why Virgin Bet is Ranked #11
- Weekly free bet promotion
- Really slick mobile app
- Quality bet builder with promos
- Virgin Bet FIVES free game
How Virgin Bet Can Reach the Top 10
- Add more payment method options
- Offer more extra place races
- Read the full Virgin Bet review
- Claim the Virgin Bet sign up offer
Spreadex set the standard when it comes to spread betting. They're no mugs in terms of fixed odds either. This is an all-round excellent gambling site.
Why Spreadex is Ranked #12
- Market leader in spread betting
- Rewarding refer-a-friend offer
- Top-quality blog content
- Improved fixed odds selection
How Spreadex Can Reach the Top 10
- Make it easier for beginners to get involved
- Allow smaller deposits without fees
- Read the full Spreadex review
- Claim the Spreadex sign up offer
This Irish bookmaker has been successful in the UK since entering the market, and there are elements of the site which are fantastic for users.
Why BoyleSports is Ranked #13
- Extra places on golf each way bets
- Various bet builder promotions
- Daily price boosts
- Apple Pay and Google Pay
How BoyleSports Can Reach the Top 10
- Add Asian handicap markets
- Improve the design of the site
- Read the full BoyleSports review
- Claim the BoyleSports sign up offer
Sky Bet is what happens when a huge media company decides to get into the betting industry. High standards and high quality are obvious choices of adjectives one can use to describe the Leeds-based bookie.
Why Sky Bet is Ranked #14
- Good value odd boosts on many sports
- Great app for both iOS and Android
- Many support channels mean you will always find an agent quickly
- Great odds selection overall
How Sky Bet Can Reach the Top 10
- Make it easier for beginners to get involved
- Allow smaller deposits without fees
- Read the full Sky Bet review
- Claim the Sky Bet sign up offer
BetTarget is one of the lesser-known brands on our list but as far as new bookmakers go, it's among the best.
Why BetTarget is Ranked #15
- The range of markets is very impressive
- You can deposit with Skrill, Neteller, AstroPay, and more
- BetTarget work with lots of top casino providers
- Constantly improving product
How BetTarget Can Reach the Top 10
- Add a bet builder function
- Work on the mobile experience
- Read the full BetTarget review
- Claim the BetTarget sign up offer
Ladbrokes is a classic UK betting site with a breadth of pre-match and in-play odds, plus all sorts of promos.
Why Ladbrokes is Ranked #16
- Great reputation built up over many decades
- Innovative 5-a-side game mode
- Very active within horse racing betting
- Free-to-play 1-2-free game
How Ladbrokes Can Reach the Top 10
- Modernise the website and app
- Offer better enhanced odds
- Read the full Ladbrokes review
- Claim the Ladbrokes sign up offer
Yeti Bet launched a while ago, in 2017, but looks quite fresh and their welcome offer is also quite fresh. While they do have a bookmaker, they are very focused on their casino offering and the welcome bonus reflects that.
Why Yeti Bet is Ranked #17
- Solid welcome bonus for the casino side of the bookie - 100% refund bonus up to £111 + 100 Free Spins on Book of Dead.
- Many sports are listed, but no horse racing is in sight here too
- A wide range of payment options are available
- Has live streams for esports and table tennis, which is good, but not enough
- Yeti Bet's casino is very good
How Yeti Bet Can Reach the Top 10
- Add horse racing and greyhound racing
- Improve website navigation, especially on mobile
- Offer promotions for sports
- Offer more promotions in general
At Bookies Bonuses, we have always been fans of Coral. It's a rock-solid betting site that provides great value across the board.
Why Coral is Ranked #18
- Free opportunities to earn free bets
- Coral Racing Club is great for racing fans
- They generally offer good promotions
- Coral's football bet builder is among the best
How Coral Can Reach the Top 10
- Improve the range of markets for niche sports
- Make the user experience smoother
- Read the full Coral review
- Claim the Coral sign up offer
While not renowned for its UK focus, Unibet is quite the beloved brand among many punters, for its complete offering and smooth betting experience.
Why Unibet is Ranked #19
- Very user-friendly interface
- Sportsbook odds stretch wide and far, of course provided by Kambi
- They offer good profit or odd boosts
How Unibet Can Reach the Top 10
- Improve the existing customer offers and make them more creative
- Better its horse racing markets
- Read the full Unibet review
- Claim the Unibet sign up offer
You might recognise Grosvenor as more of a land-based casino but it is also one of the best online bookies in the UK. We think it's currently 18th in the pecking order.
Why Grosvenor is Ranked #20
- Grosvenor Sport Club with weekly free bet
- Many racing promotions and features
- Powered by the popular providers, Kambi
- Lots of niche sports are offered
How Grosvenor Can Reach the Top 10
- Offer more payment methods
- Faster loading times
- Read the full Grosvenor review
- Claim the Grosvenor sign up offer
A very recent addition to the UK market, Luckster has made a good impression as a new brand looking to attract sports bettors and casino players.
Why Luckster is Ranked #21
- Large range of football markets
- Huge casino offering
- Live chat support is available
- Easy to navigate around the in-play section
How Luckster Can Reach the Top 10
- Offer more horse racing wagers
- Work on a mobile app
- Read the full Luckster review
- Claim the Luckster sign up offer
Bookies Bonuses users have been giving ZetBet a chance as of late and most seem to think it could turn out to be a good site.
Why ZetBet is Ranked #22
- They offer odds boosts for some accumulators
- Plenty of odds on offer for niche sports
- Payment options include PayPal, MuchBetter, and paysafecard
- There is a decent casino bonus
How ZetBet Can Reach the Top 20
- Come up with a unique feature
- Make the customer support team more accessible
- Read the full ZetBet review
- Claim the ZetBet sign up offer
Every punter in the UK has heard of William Hill, and those that use them online are likely satisfied with the offering.
Why William Hill is Ranked #23
- Among leading bookies for almost a century
- Excellent sign up offer
- Huge focus on UK-specific sports
- Much-improved bet builder function
How William Hill Can Reach the Top 20
- Make the odds boosts more appealing
- Improve Scratch of the Day prizes
- Read the full William Hill review
- Claim the William Hill sign up offer
The Online Casino
The Online Casino launched in 2020 and is offering a healthy mix between sports betting and casino slots. With tons of sports and casino games available, and nice bonuses to accompany them the bookie's future is looking promising.
Why The Online Casino is Ranked #24
- Many casino promotions
- Many sports to bet on
- Good football markets
How The Online Casino Can Reach the Top 20
- Offer horse racing
- Be creative with its sports bonuses
- Improve desktop website experience
- Read the full The Online Casino review
- Claim the The Online Casino sign up offer
Pub Sports offers an excellent alternative to other bigger brand sites, with plenty of football markets and a focus on esports too. The pub theme offers a different experience, while a solid welcome offer provides further appeal.
Why Pub Sports is Ranked #25
- Comprehensive football selection
- Great e-sport and basketball coverage
- Solid sign-up bonus
How Pub Sports Can Reach the Top 20
- No horse racing
- Limited payment options
- Improve desktop and mobile experience
- Read the full Pub Sports review
- Claim the Pub Sports sign up offer
LeoVegas set the standard when it comes to mobile betting, but they are perhaps lacking a bit when it comes to their desktop site.
Why LeoVegas is Ranked #26
- Incredible mobile experience
- 'Pre-pack' football betting markets
- Easy to make live wagers
- Some good seasonal deals
How LeoVegas Can Reach the Top 20
- Make the desktop site more useable
- Provide a better welcome bonus
- Read the full LeoVegas review
- Claim the LeoVegas sign up offer
Bzeebet provides a solid sportsbook experience, with over 40 markets available across sports, e-sports and more. For football fans, the BZ Bet Builder is an excellent addition, while cash-out and combo boosts give players even more control.
Why Bzeebet is Ranked #27
- Plenty of ongoing promotions
- Solid bet builder
- Straightforward sign-up offer
How Bzeebet Can Reach the Top 20
- Increase deposit bonus
- Combine the esports titles under one section
- Read the full Bzeebet review
- Claim the Bzeebet sign up offer
QuinnBet is an excellent choice for sportsbook users, providing plenty of daily promotions and offers, including extra places and more. A solid mobile app and integrated casino experience create a complete package for players that is hard to beat.
Why QuinnBet is Ranked #28
- A plethora of sports betting options
- Lots of daily promotions and ongoing offers
- Strong mobile app
How QuinnBet Can Reach the Top 20
- Improve the sign-up offer
- Add live streaming
- Read the full QuinnBet review
- Claim the QuinnBet sign-up offer
SBK is a mobile-only sportsbook that is operated by Smarkets - a British company renowned for its betting exchange which launched to the public in 2010. SBK integrates social media interaction, betting tips, and a wide range of other features into its forward-thinking product.
Why SBK is Ranked #29
- Excellent mobile experience
- Auto acca function
- Betting tips available on app
How SBK Can Reach the Top 20
- No desktop app
- No casino
- Read the full SBK review
- Claim the SBK sign up offer
Midnite is an established bookmaker that launched in 2015, that is operated by Dribble Media Limited.
The bookie loads quickly both on desktop, and a mobile app is available too. A standard welcome bonus is available, and players can bet on any of the numerous sports and esports betting markets featured.
Why Midnite is Ranked #30
- Plenty of markets and bonuses for football
- Specific esports betting page
- Excellent betting app for iOS
How Midnite Can Reach the Top 20
- Smaller competitions have very few markets
- No betting app for Android devices
- Read the full Midnite review
- Claim the Midnite sign up offer
How we rank UK betting sites
The competition is very stiff between the best online bookies, which is something that benefits the customers.
There are many factors to take into consideration when finding the best betting sites online, and below are the factors we think are the most important ones.
First and foremost, the bookie must be fully licensed. If not, it won't be seen anywhere near Bookies Bonuses' rankings. Customers from the UK are only allowed to play on betting sites licensed by The Gambling Commission.
The Gambling Commission has the primary responsibility of regulating the UK market for online gambling and sports betting. The main goals are to keep it free from crime and to protect vulnerable people, including children.
About the Gambling Commission
- Founded: 2007
- Headquarters: Birmingham
- Employees: 280
Odds and payout percentage
To get the most out of your betting, you should choose a bookie with competitive odds.
Of course, there will be instances in which one betting site favours one particular team or outcome more than others, so it's impossible to get a site that always has the best odds for the wagers you want to place.
However, the payout percentage gives a good indication of whether the bookie provides good value.
If it is a two-way market and the betting site is offering odds of 1.91 on each side, the bookie is taking a 4.71% margin, therefore leaving a payout percentage of 95.29% (very good).
If the odds are 1.83 on each side, though, the payout rate becomes 90.71%, which is far from ideal.
Variety of betting markets
All bookies offer odds on the biggest events, although the selection of odds can vary a lot between bookies in the lower leagues and on the more uncommon sports.
You will want a bookie with a good selection of odds and markets for the sports and leagues you are primarily punting on.
For Premier League football, it's a given that you should be able to bet on. the matchwinner, total goals, goalscorers, and those sorts of bets.
But what really elevates some betting sites is the range of alternative markets such as Man of the Match, player shots on target, offsides, and combination bets.
The same can be said for top-class events in other sports. The more options you have, the better.
Choosing a bookie with a good welcome bonus or promotion can provide a significant boost to punters' betting bankrolls, especially when it comes to recreational bettors.
You can get great value through betting offers not only when you sign up, but over time as well.
Most UK betting sites have free bets as their welcome offer, and this is the perfect way to get your account off the ground, particularly if there are no wagering requirements on the winnings (which is the case more often than not).
Deposit bonuses can also be beneficial but there will always be wagering requirements on those.
As an existing customer, throughout your time with a betting site, you can expect to claim more free bets, as well as accumulator promotions, odds boosts, money back offers, and more.
All major bookies offer payments via debit cards, and the vast majority now offer PayPal for betting as well as other eWallets like Skrill and Neteller.
Prepaid cards are also more common now than they previously were, but you might need to find another banking method for withdrawals if you are using something like paysafecard.
You can't go wrong with bank transfers - and sometimes even cheques - but the drawback with those old-fashioned payment options is the time it can take to process transactions.
Ensure that the bookmaker you are looking at has your preferred betting payment options before you sign up.
Another factor to take into consideration is fees for transactions to and from your account. These are rare, but don't take it for granted - there may be a small fee with some operators.
The development of betting sites has been enormous over the past decade.
Live betting is one of these functions which has developed quickly to match demand.
Bookies are expected to be top-notch live betting sites and cash out betting sites now, while live streaming is a big deal too.
The bet builder - in which a bettor can create their own bet - is also something that has grown in popularity and we have listed the top 10 bookies for bet builders.
On betting sites such as Coral, you can add things like player passes, assists, offsides, and tackles to your bet builder.
Pulse betting, which is available on SBTech-powered sites like Mr Play, is another innovative new feature which allows you to bet on things to happen in the next minute.
We review all online betting sites - good, bad, or indifferent.
Football Betting Sites
Football betting has evolved massively in recent years. Since the birth of online gambling platforms, the top operators have innovated in a huge way and now punters are presented with tons more options than the previous generation.
Here are just a handful of football betting features you have access to that your dad wouldn’t have when he was your age:
Daily boosted odds/accumulators
Player stat bets
Early payout & other special offers
All betting sites offer at least the majority of the above - on top of the basic markets and functions - but the quality can vary greatly from bookie to bookie.
Best Betting Sites for Football
BetVictor Football Betting
Recommended if you want odds boosts pre-match and in-play, plus the ability to place unique wagers such as ‘Rashford to score a goal assisted by Fernandes’ or shots on target handicap.
BetVictor’s football betting offering is being constantly developed. They have one of the best bet builders in the business, and also offer enhanced odds on pre-made bet builders.
You can view trending bets that span across outright and single game markets, and what’s more, you can choose from a selection of boosts even on obscure matches in lesser known leagues.
Full BetVictor review | BetVictor sign up offer
Betfair Football Betting
Recommended if you want to get the best odds on standard markets via the Betfair Exchange, or you want to take your pick from enhanced accumulators every day.
The best betting exchange in the world comes courtesy of Betfair. It is one of the best products on the market, but undoubtedly one that alienates some beginners.
It is worth giving the exchange a go just so that you can get better value than what is offered elsewhere, but if you’d rather stick to the sportsbook, then there is plenty to like there too.
Betfair’s #OddsOnThat RequestABet style markets are hugely popular, and so are their boosts for the biggest games.
Full Betfair review | Betfair sign up offer
Bet365 Football Betting
Recommended if you want the most markets across the most leagues. Bet365 also offers arguably the best selection of football promotions, including the 2 Goals Ahead Early Payout Offer.
Bet365 is the biggest and as far as many punters are concerned the best betting site in the world. That is largely down to their extensive football betting offering which includes Asian lines and is unrivalled in terms of overall quantity of markets.
They don’t have the RequestABet style wagers along the lines of Betfair or Sky Bet, but this is more than made up for with an outstanding bet builder.
Beginners might find Bet365 a little overwhelming, but it is purely down to personal taste and everyone at Bookies Bonuses loves this product.
Full Bet365 review | Bet365 sign up offer
Ladbrokes Football Betting
Recommended if you want a classic, reliable British bookie with interesting bet types and free opportunities to win cash through the 1-2-Free game.
Many Brits will be familiar with Ladbrokes because of their high street presence but don’t be fooled - they are very much up to date with the latest online football betting trends.
The bet builder includes selections such as player shots on target, tackles, assists, passes, and even offsides.
As well as the 1-2-Free game which allows you a chance to win £100 cash, there are various accessible promos such as ‘acca boost’ and ‘free bet back’.
Full Ladbrokes review | Ladbrokes sign up offer
Betfred Football Betting
Recommended if you like to place goalscorer bets, as the Double Delight promo pays out at double the odds if the player scores twice, and Hat-trick Heaven means you get treble the odds if they bag three.
Acca insurance is offered on Betfred when you place pre-match 5-fold+ football accumulators on selected matches.
Betfred’s #PickYourPunt bet builder isn’t as advanced as some of their competitors, but they do the basics well, just as they do with cash out, in-play, and odds boosts.
Full Betfred review | Betfred sign up offer
BoyleSports Football Betting
Recommended if you want to add a special offer to your bet builder such as double winnings or money back if there is a red card, 0-0 draw, or a penalty scored.
BoyleSports have one of the most comprehensive promotions sections, with most of their football offers being based on bet builders and accas.
Fantasy5 is one of the best free-to-play games on the market and can only be found on BoyleSports. You pick five players from five games to score more than their fantasy points target, and if you get 5/5 correct you can win £10,000.
Full BoyleSports review | BoyleSports sign up offer
Paddy Power Football Betting
Recommended if you want to receive completely free bet builder credits from time to time, and like to take advantage of enhanced prices on major fixtures.
Paddy Power is more aimed at casual players than wannabe pro punters. You won’t find Asian handicap markets on the site but you will find a fantastic bet builder and broad RequestABet section.
On top of free bet builders for some big games, you are able to play the free Beat the Drop game and even enter Fantasy contests on a daily basis.
Horse racing betting sites
Horse racing betting has been prevalent in British culture for more than 300 years, and it remains a big part of the gambling ecosystem in the age of online gambling.
A good horse racing section can separate the best betting sites from the rest. Most of the top players in the industry, such as Ladbrokes, Sky Bet, and Bet365 have exemplary racing odds, promotions, and markets.
It is a little surprising and disappointing that some of the newer betting sites put little to no effort into their racing section (if they even have one!), but there are some exceptions, such as BetUK, RhinoBet, and LiveScore Bet, all of which do a good job with the nags.
Some of the features you’ll want to look out for on the top racing betting sites are:
Horse Racing Betting Promos
Best Odds Guaranteed
Money back offers
Extra place races
Horse Racing Betting Markets
Betting without the favourite
Not every bookie offers all, or even any of the above features, but we have compiled a list of the best horse racing betting sites - all of which excel in many of those areas.
Best Betting Sites for Horse Racing
Ladbrokes Horse Racing Betting
Recommended if you want a reliable, old-school bookmaker that offers extra place races in the UK, Ireland, and France, plus one of the broadest selections of racing markets including Tote betting.
You know exactly where you stand with Ladbrokes. They have always boasted a stellar racing offering and it seems to get better and better.
Best Odds Guaranteed and live streaming are both ever-present for UK and Irish racing, while in-play betting is also available for some meetings.
Punters can also bet on and stream action from France, South Africa, India, USA, Australia, Germany, Chile, and Italy.
Full Ladbrokes review | Ladbrokes sign up offer
BetUK Horse Racing Betting
Recommended if you want one of the best welcome offers on the market, as well as a Free Bet Club which allows you to grab free horse racing bets on a weekly basis.
BetUK might not be the first sportsbook that springs to mind when you think of racing betting sites, but their Kambi-powered platform definitely deserves to be considered among the best thanks to its live streaming, existing customer promotions, and Timeform analysis on UK and Irish racing.
Forecast and tricast markets are available, and BetUK works particularly well on mobile if you download the app for iOS or Android.
Full BetUK review | BetUK sign up offer
Sky Bet Horse Racing Betting
Recommended if you want odds boosts that apply to standalone races as well as accumulators that span across multiple meetings. Expect boosts on markets such as combined jockey wins and number of winning favourites.
When you enter the Sky Bet site during the day, you’ll more than likely see a list of the upcoming races at the top of the homepage, and they’ll each have icons next to them signalling that there are boosts available.
You’ll also see Daily RequestABet & Specials markets, most of which you won’t see on any other betting site.
It’s one of the best sites for ante post markets as well, and there are even tipster selections integrated into the site. You really get the feeling that Sky Bet is catered to horse racing punters first and foremost.
Full Sky Bet review | Sky Bet sign up offer
Betfair Horse Racing Betting
Recommended if you are particularly knowledgeable about racing and want to trade on the Betfair Exchange. However, there is lots to like about the sportsbook too, thanks to all the boosts and other promos.
The biggest unique selling point on Betfair is their market-leading exchange. Most of the time, the odds you get on the exchange will be better than you can find on any sportsbook. But the real beauty of it is that you can trade in and out of positions pre-race and in-play.
Even without the exchange, Betfair would probably still be in this list of the best racing betting sites. There are #OddsOnThat markets for individual races, and you can also lengthen your odds by backing horses to win by a certain number of lengths.
Full Betfair review | Betfair sign up offer
Bet365 Horse Racing Betting
Recommended if you want the most comprehensive sportsbook in the world and unique promotions such as Bet365 Price Promise, in which they say that they will not be beaten on price on any horse in a UK/Irish race shown live on ITV.
Rather than going down the RequestABet or #OddsOnThat route like some of their UK competitors, Bet365 instead go for a more simple approach but it is very effective.
It’s the most slick user interface in the business, and the range of markets across the site - not just within horse racing - is second to none.
A special mention must go to their Each Way Extra option. It allows you to choose how many places you want to be paid out for a given race. The more places you opt for, the more the odds shorten.
Full Bet365 review | Bet365 sign up offer
Betway Horse Racing Betting
Recommended if you like to place accumulators, as you can get £10 in free bets every week when you place £25 on multiples. This is arguably the best value Free Bet Club on the market.
Best Odds Guaranteed is offered from 9am on the day of UK and Irish races, and there are #betyourway specials and several boosts each day as well.
Live streaming is available on UK and Irish races plus some international meetings. In order to qualify to watch a race, you must place a £2 wager on it. It’s not an unusual condition, but Bet365, for example, are more lenient (with them you only need to have a funded account).
Full Betway review | Betway sign up offer
Coral Horse Racing Betting
Recommended if you want a British betting site that puts horse racing at the forefront of its offering. There is even a Coral Racing Club which gives members opportunities to visit yards and talk to trainers, win racing tickets, and more.
Coral is often at the front of the pack when it comes to promos as well. Money back as a free bet promos usually pop up around Cheltenham, and the extra place offers are not limited to just the UK and Ireland.
You can even build your own racecard, making it very easy to keep track of the nags you want to wager on throughout the day.
Best Betting Sites for Bet Builders
Today, most UK bookmakers offer the Bet Builder function allowing you to combine multiple outcomes from the same game into one bigger acca.
Most commonly this is just for major football markets (think match result, corners, goals etc.) but bookies like Bet365 offer the bet builder on niche football leagues, European and Asian basketball, hockey, Aussie rules, tennis, and more with up to 12 selections in each bet builder and even the ability to combine up to 4 bet builders into one larger acca.
We compare the best bet builder sites in detail in this article but here's a quick summary of our favourite bookmakers for bet builders:
- Bet365: Known for being the pioneer of the bet builder and for having the most markets including all basketball and football matches. The Bet365 Bet Builder covers a wide variety of options within each match and can often be combined with the cash out feature.
- Paddy Power: A well-established bookmaker with a reputation for innovative promotions and offers, Paddy Power has a quality bet builder. Overall, Paddy Power's focus is on football and offers like get 'Free Bet if One Leg of Your 4+ Fold Acca Lets You Down'.
- Betfair: Betfair offers a comprehensive bet builder that caters to football, NBA, and NFL punters. Betfair also has free bet offers for winning bet builders plus pre-built bet builder-like "#OddsOnThat" markets.
- Coral: With an emphasis on player stats options, Coral's bet builder stands out for its player-specific markets. This makes it a top choice for bettors who enjoy analyzing individual player performances in sports like football and tennis.
- BetVictor: Known for its NBA bet builder options, BetVictor offers a wide range of player prop markets. In addition to incorporating player steals, turnovers, blocks, and three-pointers into your bet, you have the flexibility to adjust the total for each prop which allows you to fine-tune your bets and either increase or decrease the odds accordingly.
Other top bookies for Bet Builders include Betway which also offers plenty of Bet Builder promos including Bet Builder free bets on #BetYourWay markets, William Hill which has a very wide selection of Bet Builder markets including cards markets, Betfred which offers special Bet Builder markets like goal method and Unibet which has loads of stats and information to accompany their Bet Builder.
The Bet365 Bet Builder is widely regarded as the best in the UK because it is available for the most sports and has many of the most popular betting markets
Summary of Online Betting Sites
As you will have noticed if you have read through this page, there are countless options for bettors nowadays.
There are dozens of online bookmakers to choose from, and each of them has different betting offers, features, markets, promotions, and in some cases apps for you to try out.
Long gone are the days when you had to walk into Coral or William Hill and write down your bet on a white slip. You can still do that of course, but most punters prefer the user experience and convenience of online betting sites.
We've already revealed what we believe to be the best betting sites, but below is a quick conclusion as to what your best options are.
Betting Sites You Should Choose
Online Betting Sites FAQ
Which betting sites should I avoid?
Firstly, we recommend you avoid all betting sites that don’t appear legitimate. We don’t list any of these on our site.
On this page, we list betting sites that are licensed in the UK and therefore fully safe and secure for Brits to use.
If you are not from the UK or Ireland, we suggest you click on the UK flag at the top of the page and reveal the other country pages.
How do I start with a new bookie?
In order to begin using a betting site, you need to create an account.
We recommend you read up, compare the betting sites, and take in our reviews here at Bookiesbonuses.com.
Find a bookmaker you fancy and click the 'Claim' button to get the bonus, as we have exclusive betting offers from time to time.
Are new betting sites trustworthy?
If it is listed on Bookiesbonuses.com, then yes.
We only have fully licensed, regulated, and trustworthy operators - both old bookmakers and new betting sites - on our platform.
You can check the licensing information of any betting site at the bottom of its homepage.
How do I find a suitable betting site?
It depends on what preferences you have when it comes to betting sites.
We break down all of the pros and cons of each bookmaker and that should point you in the direction of who/what might work best for you.
For example, if you like live streaming and football bet builders, you might look at Bet365. If you like regular free bet promotions, you might instead go for Betway.
Which betting sites are the best?
Some bettors prefer Betfair but might nip over to Betway from time to time. Old school punters may be into Coral and Ladbrokes, but Bet365 has a wide appeal too.
As you can tell, there is no definitive answer to this question.
At Bookies Bonuses, we list what we consider to be the best betting sites and betting offers at the moment, and let you make your own decisions based on the information we present.
Can sports betting sites ban you?
Yes, they can, but it doesn't happen very often.
The first step you can take in order to ensure you don't get banned is to go through the KYC verification process which may involve sending in copies of documents such as your ID and proof of address.
But if a betting site suspects that you are abusing bonus offers, exploiting 'weak lines' or even money laundering, you might be limited or banned.
Which top betting sites offer free bets?
Most betting sites offer free bets, but not all as a welcome offer.
Some firms - such as Betway and Paddy Power - offer free bets to existing customers as part of ongoing promotions.
Check the bonus list at the top of this page for a selection of the best free bet offers around.
Can I claim a casino bonus as well?
Most betting sites will offer you the opportunity to claim either a sports welcome bonus or a casino bonus.
You can claim one or the other, but not both.